Problem hair? Let us know!
We do our part here at the salon to make you look as gorgeous as possible, but sometimes, guys, you need to help us out a little.
There are a few general tips we want to share with you so that you can avoid disappointment by (a) getting in when you want to get in, and (b) getting a haircut you’re happy with.
So, here we go:
1. Rebook onsite. If you know you need a trim or new colour every six weeks, book your next visit when you’re leaving your appointment. (And appointments are not set in stone, they can be moved if something comes up! )
2. Book early. If you need to get in for a cut or colour, book your appointment a week in advance so that we can be sure to get you in. You can request that we call you with a reminder the day before your appointment if needed!
3. Plan for events. For things like prom, weddings, anniversaries . . . anything you have on your yearly calendar that you want to come in for, book them as soon as you find out about them. It’s a lot easier to cancel than to have us try and move Heaven and Earth to squeeze you in. Bonus tip: For these important events, book two appointments. That way if you can’t make one, you can get the other.
4. Give us a “heads” up. If you’re a new client, let us know on the phone at the time you book if you have very thick, long hair (lucky you!) or if your hair tends to be colour-stubborn. This will let your hair stylist know how much time she needs to allot for your appointment. You should also let us know if you’re making a major change to your hair so we can be prepared for that as well.
5. Be clear. We can not read minds. Be very clear with your stylist about what you want. Do you want roots covered, all-over highlights, a streak of colour, etcetera. Don’t make us try to guess! We love when a client brings us a photo of what they want done.
6. Reveal the source. If you have box colour on your hair, tell your stylist. She needs to know what she’s working with.
There. That’s it. Now, our number is 368-7402, so why not schedule your appointment now while all of this advice is nice and fresh. We’re currently booking for the end of next week!